Friday, March 29, 2013

Daddy-daughter Date

I took my four year old daughter in my completely pimp new automobile.  I love being in that thing.  I feel like a million bucks.  I deflect any thought of even so much as a scratch getting on it with this talisman: my eldest son is eighteen and I'm giving it to him in perfect condition.  I deflect a negative mental scenario with an easily constructed, ready-made self-inception.

So to speak.

Willow and I arrived at Macey's and I carried her in on my shoulders.  Along the front they had tall racks full of spring flowers for sale.  She leaned in to touch and smell them.  I touched the hanging pots lightly with my fingers.  The mountains are still capped in snow, but Spring is in the air.

We got some ice cream, plus a few cups for the other kids and went back home.  I played some Magic with the boys and then hit the sack.




No comments:

Post a Comment