Saturday, December 15, 2012

Friday

Since I gave away my car my wife has been taking me to work every morning.  It's quite a positive experience.  It gives us a chance to talk.  Sometimes we just overshoot the studio (it's only six minutes away) to talk a little longer, or sit in the parking lot.  I usually make a list of six things "that will go right today".  It helps me focus on the positive and get in an upbeat mood.  Sometimes I write them down.

Invariably, our now four-year-old daughter, Willow, comes with us.  She just stares out the window in wonder at the passing foliage.  Or sings along to a song on the radio.  We recently had a cute little "princess party" for her.  About five of her little friends from church or dance class showed up.  I did face painting-- butterflies and swirls.  Tamie really outdid herself setting it all up, making a little go a long way with decorations and activities.  I love that about my wife, she makes life special with outings, events and decorations.

Willow's older sister (thirteen year now) gave her a Hello Kitty blank page book.  It had a little padlock on it for which there was no key.  So, I brought home a pair of bolt cutters from the studio.  With intense fascination she watched me close them on the lock's U-bar and slowly squeeze them shut until *clack!* it broke off.  "Thank you daddy!"  Such a simple thing.

I don't listen to the news in the morning.  Anything political is temporarily just too much for me.

I'm just getting over a little virus that passed through the community a few weeks ago.  Nothing major just a bit of a sore throat.  I'm feeling healthy as usual, just eating what I want in abundance and variety.  I've cut out soda for a while now and I think that's helped.  I just plateau at a certain weight.  What's odd is that I'm starting to go to sleep earlier and earlier.  The other day I went to sleep, profoundly and completely, at 6pm.  And I'm up at four or five in the morning.  That's when I'm most clear-headed and productive.  But I need to get back on track, at least up until 9pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment